Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Painting in the Middle of Nowhere

This morning, I went out plein air painting with two artist friends. Robert had suggested we go to Skaggs Island. When I couldn't find it on Google Maps, I asked him where it was, and he said, "Out in the middle of nowhere." Well, he was right! There was not a house to be seen (and we could see for miles). It was so off the beaten path, that we set-up our painting stuff right on the road, on a bridge, no less! Here was my easel. Only two cars went by while we were there, and they got around us pretty easily!

I though you might like to see more of this place:





There were tracks of wildlife in the mud. Red tailed hawks and snowy egrets were flying over. It was great!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!