Sunday, February 27, 2011

Deepening Shadows

...Deepening Shadows...
oil on linen panel - 8" x 10"

This little scene is close to where I live, and it always looks so good! I want to paint it every time I walk by! The place is actually called Meeker Slough, but I didn't think that sounded like a very appealing title. Besides, the subject of the painting is the mood, not the place. The place is just the setting, to create the mood, or feeling. Sometimes I get totally blocked trying to think of titles for paintings.

Right now, we are having a storm with rain and 20 mph winds, and temps in the 30's. All the poor fruit trees got confused by the nice weather and are in bud, so we are hoping the temperature won't drop further. The plants here are usually confused! Some trees just dropped their autumn leaves last week. The spring flowers are blooming along the Bay Trail.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment on my blog!